How to get the best value for money when you print your band t-shirts
You can not admit it to anyone, but I’d bet see a fan wearing the t-shirt of your band is one of the great secret moments of your musical life.
A powerful logo of the band, a good design, quality fabric. Of course you want to print quality t-shirts to sell to your fans at concerts and on your website, and want to see wearing those t-shirts around the world, helping to spread the message of your music to your fans.
When it comes to order t-shirts, most musicians expect screen printing duplex with lots of colors on dark shirts… and in small quantities. But here’s the problem: all these elements are expensive! The minimal cost for each order (and screens for each color) are high if only they will pay off with a small amount of t-shirts. So we asked our friends at Merch.ly if you have any advice for musicians who want to order t-shirts with good presence but do not have quantities of dough to spend.
This is what we were told:
Two-sided printing doubles costs in printing screens to a face. Dark shirts are more expensive print white or coloured light, it is necessary to apply a layer extra base on the dark fabric to ensure the inks are set and applied properly (not necessary for white fabrics or very light colored charges).
What can musicians do to keep its costs in check and get a great product that fans want to buy?
According to Merch.ly, you should:
- think big designs.Necessary is not go to small size with the design, since it costs the same if the size is 3 “x 5” or 12 “x 15”.
- consider only one side print.Maximize the image and the impact of that face with powerful color choices and design of large size, perhaps linked to an interesting fabric color.We offer dozens of colors of fabric options.
- use less ink.The costs of the screens are high, so each color adds a lot of money per unit if Chuck is short.Think less, and most powerful, colors in your design. A creative design does not necessarily mean many colors: in fact, sometimes, the more simple best. And creates the design specifically for t-shirt, instead of trying to apply a design thought to other means. For example, a picture of an album cover could be too complex and a bad choice, economically speaking, for a t-shirt silk-screened.
- order larger quantities.If you really need a multi-coloured design, spread the cost per unit charge 100 instead of 50, or 200 instead of 100.That will make lower cost medium t-shirts considerably, since the second fifty units (if you go 50 to 100) are much cheaper than the first fifty.
- take into account the possibility of choosing a t-shirt of a fashion brand.This will give the fan something of higher quality, usually more soft and/or more stylized and adjusted to the basic brands.In addition, if you go with a high end product, it can allow you to print just one side and with fewer colors, since the own quality of the product will help you to sell, and thus reduces costs; the rise in cost of a higher quality shirt is sometimes less than reducing costs thanks to a simpler design, and in addition the fans will be more interested in that shirt of mark (and pay extra for better quality and design).
Note: Another option is to use a print alternative method to screen printing, called DTG (direct to garment) which is, in fact, direct printing onto the garment with a special ink-jet printer. This method has limitations and does not give the same result and quality than screen printing. But it is less expensive for short-run, particularly on clear and white fabrics. If your printing of t-shirts do not offer this method online (our price is based on screen printing), call or write to them asking for alternative systems. We offer this option with customers who want small amounts and “need” many colors.
T-Shirts- Pin Badges, Fridge Magnets, Keyrings, Printed …
Grey Sunday Custom Ink Fundraising
Dye Sublimation T Shirt Printing Archives
Jesuit Ursuline Ranger Band "Queen Tour" Spirit Shirts …
Vintage Tee Shirts Gildan Men’S Crew Neck Short Short Yes …
Band Merch & Pop MTL !! – Station 16 Gallery
Compression Under Base Layer T-Shirts Skin Tops Youths …
Tabard printing and embroidery. Personalise yours today
National Honor Society T-shirts
Concert & Gig Poster Design
Promotional Color Band Carry-All Totes with Custom Logo …
Concert & Gig Poster Design
THE SMITHS T-SHIRT VTG 80’S MORRISSEY PINK VTG PRINT …
David Bowie tee hand embroidered tshirt embroidery
10 Kickass Vegan T shirt Brands You Need To Be Wearing
Slogans | T-Shirts, Tops & Jumpers
Custom School Spirit T-Shirts -SpiritMagnet.com